Chris Covell's Poetry Page
Thanks for dropping in on my poetry page! It's getting a little old, however,
and also a little embarrassing. But, at some point in my life, I wrote these
works to cope with pain and conflicting feelings about myself. So, I'll present
them here bravely, in the hopes that they might affect or inspire you in some
I have provided for you a listing of some of the writing which I have done over my life. The writing might use some odd stylistic devices, such as Imagism, swearing, stream-of-consciousness, and free verse; so some of you might find it too coarse, or too weird, or great, or undecipherable, or just plain stupid. I just really hope that you're not apathetic to the whole thing. That would really suck.
Oh, yeah, I never mentioned this before, but you may download and keep anything that I wrote or drew. Print it or whatever, just remember where it came from and be sure to credit me as the originator if the subject ever comes up. Enjoy!
I suggest that you print these writings to paper, because most people would only skim through writing on a computer screen!
From the Diary
- 1990 -- A memoir of a life-altering trip down to California that year.
- Only When You're Seventeen -- Damning observations in the struggle to be unique.
- Smells -- A recollection on the terrible teens.
- Dreams -- Cries for help to myself.
- Recordings -- My search for the perfect sound. Was it obsession?
- Dispensation -- Capitalism as seen through the eyes of a gas jockey.
- Shaving -- Umm... About Shaving. I was actually very happy when I wrote this piece.
- Seeing Ghosts -- What do you do after the fright of your life?
- I Lie Here Crying -- Why does it always have to hit at 2 in the morning?
- Diary -- My ongoing diary of thoughts.
- Manga -- An introduction to Japanese Pop Art.
Back to Homepage Send questions or comments to Chris.